- This event has passed.
Of Mollies and Men – A Queer History of Bow Street and Beyond
June 26, 2021 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
From the Molly Houses of the 18th century, to the arrest and trial of Oscar Wilde, to the laws protecting LGBTQ+ people today, explore the rich history of Covent Garden with this Bow Street Police Museum Walking Tour. Discover how law and order governed the lives of queer identifying people throughout history and hear the stories of the people who dared to be themselves.
Duration: Approximately 90 minutes.
Dates: Saturday 26th June and Saturday 3rd July
Times: 11.30 and 14.30
Conditions of entry: You must be 18 years or over to attend this tour. If you would like to book a ticket for anyone aged 16 – 17 years, you must contact the Museum in advance [email protected]
Price: £15 / £14 concession / £13.50 Friends of Bow Street Police Museum (Your ticket also includes a 10% discount on future admission to Bow Street Police Museum)
- This tour is an outside walking tour.
- Light rain or a moderate breeze will not cancel the tour.
- There will be no access to public toilets once the tour begins.
- There is no seating available along the tour route.
- The tour follows a set route around the Covent Garden area along public pavements, via road crossings and through some pedestrianised spaces.
- We aim to avoid steps and large curbs, however due to the ever-changing nature of London’s streets we cannot guarantee that the route will always remain entirely step-free.